View all 17 Jobs
Job vacancy Neurology Consultant (Dubai)
View all 17 Jobs
Neurology Consultant (Dubai)
Our Client is one of the top-notch busiest leading University Hospital in Dubai, UAE seeking Neurology Consultant with a strong experience in Neurophysiology to join their Team and provide their patient with the best consultant. The post holder will be required to:
• Provide patient focused subspecialty services in Neurology and ensure optimal clinical care of patients in the department in line with the clinical privileges granted.
• Work within a multidisciplinary team with a personalized and caring attitude.
• Participate in public health awareness initiatives.
• Provide leadership, supervision and support to the junior clinical staff (doctors & nurses).
• Participate in undergraduate and postgraduate training programs as required.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESRole
By means of a thorough, comprehensive and holistic assessment diagnoses and treats neurological diseases of both inpatients and outpatients, using an evidence based approach in keeping with generally accepted professional standards for the specialty. This includes the acute stroke management program.
As the designated Most Responsible Physician (MRP) is required to provide emergency out-of-hours coverage for his/her own patients and in addition, for emergency admissions on a rotational basis, during evenings, nights, holidays, weekends and contractual leave periods. Consults with and is consultant to all other members of medical staff as required. Ensures consistent, accurate and detailed documentation of patient care using the SOAP format at all times especially during clinical handover of patient care when required (for example at weekends or periods of leave).
Serves on hospital committees as requested. Other duties as reasonably requested by the Head of Directorate or Chief Medical Officer.Quality
Reviews with the Directorate Head, adverse events, problem incidents and complaints, and explores all opportunities to improve the quality of care and provide recommendations with regard to risk management. Participates in a quality assurance program for neurology services and develop and monitor clinical indicators. Participates in departmental morbidity and mortality meetings and their respective committees. Assists the Directorate Head in developing best practice guidelines and protocols. Participates in regular, multidisciplinary team clinical case reviews.Managing people/Leadership
Participates in change management programmes within the organisation.
Participates in and leads improvement initiatives within the department.
Deals appropriately with complaints when necessary.
Takes an active part in the induction and orientation of new staff.
Ensures all staff are educated in the appropriate use of equipment.
Initiates and organizes continuous medical education and research programs.
Supports the undergraduate and postgraduate training programs.People/team Orientation
Attends directorate, departmental & medical staff meetings as scheduled.
Assists in on-going in-service education programmes for medical and nursing staff.
Provides supervision and mentorship of designated staff.
Participates in staff counselling as necessary.Compliance to policies/regulation
Complies with the organisations policies and Medical Byelaws
Complies with the Health and Safety regulations of the organization.
Commits to the organizations Employee Code of Conduct.Participation in organization wide initiatives
Fosters interdepartmental liaison.
Promotes efficient and effective communication within the organisation.
Supports the Fakeeh University Hospital continuing medical education program.
Supports undergraduate and postgraduate training programs as required.
Promotes health awareness to patients and their families.
Demonstrates and affirms a commitment to Continuing Medical Education (CME)Working Condition
- Working Hours: 48 Hours / Week
- Working Days: 6 Days / Week
- Shifts: Straight Shifts, Morning and/or Afternoon Shifts
- Contract Period 1 Year Renewable
- Family Contract: Candidate, Wife or Husband and 2 Kids
- On Call Duties: Divided per the number of Consultants
- Australia: Fellowship of Royal Australian College of Physicians
- Ireland: Certificate of Satisfactory Completion Specialist Training (CSCST)
- South Africa: Masters of Medicine (M. Med) Degree | Fellowship Certificate approved by the Colleges of Medicine of South Africa (CMSA)
- Canada: Specialization Certificate from Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (RCPSC).
- New Zealand: Fellowship of the Royal College/Colleges (the fellowship should be by Exam and not an endorsed or elected fellowship)
- United Kingdom: Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (CCST) Or Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT).
- United States: American Board Certification Recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties
- Bilingual Arabic and English
- Age not to exceed 55 years old
- Gross Monthly Salary: AED 70,000 – 80,000 (Varies Based on Qualifications, Years of Experience and Clinical Privileges)
Gross Salary is inclusive basic salary, housing and transportation.
- Child Education Allowance for two authorized dependents 3,000 AED per child (Not to exceed 18 years old)
- Service award (Provided)
- Air Tickets Once per year for the Employee and Family (Provided)
- Health Care Insurance for the Employee and Family (Provided)
- Vacation (Provided)
- Public Holidays (Provided)
- Professional Leave (Provided)
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs